home projects

My New Nightstand

I have been working on a number of a woodoworking projects, including my new nightstand, starting with a bunch of scrap wood from previous projects.

Table Project - Gift

Gift Table 1

One of my more recent projects was a gift table. The whole project started with a few scrap pieces of wood leftover from some of my past projects. Each doweled and glued together.

Oversized Coffee Table Project

Coffee Table Sketch

Sometimes you start with a simple sketch for something you might want to build. In this case I felt the need to make a bigger coffee for my living room, but at the same time I wanted it to be a little more detailed and creative than the simple ones that you can find in any furniture store.

Scrap Wood Project 2015

Tray Image  2

Sometimes when you are looking at your scrap wood pile an idea for something you can do with some of it. At least maybe I do. In this case you take a little glue, some clamp time, some trying time, and a lot of time with the sanders and sand paper.

Butcher Block Final

BBlock Final 1

Here is the finished design of the butcher block, incorporating the top which was shown in my previous project posting. Above you can see the 140 pounds of blood, sweat, and tears... and lumber which has finally ended up in my kitchen.

Bookcase Project - Part Two

Book Case Slats

Above you can see a photo of where I left off from the first post; The assembled, unfinished book case that matches the one I made twelve years ago.

Makeovers Continue

Bedroom 2

Just finished up redoing my last two bedrooms. Which is pretty much how I spent all weekend. The room above when I first moved into my home was decorated in kind of an undersea world view with fish and seaweed all over the wall. After I stripped everything out it looked like it did below.

Bedroom Makeover

Bedroom Makeover

This weekend to took some time to make over my bedroom like you see it above. New paint job, all new metal, curtains, fan, and everything.

English Ivy Removal Project

Vines 1

So, my backyard privacy fence is not in the best shape and I was looking to repair or repalce it, or at the bare minimum reseal it. The problem was that it was also largely covered in English Ivy. So I stripped most of the ivy off from the front and the back and realized that it had taken over all of the area behind the fence. It appears at some time in the past one of the previous owners had planted English Garden and tried to cover just the fence with ivy; But instead the ivy grew down hill and just covered everything in it's path and killed off pretty much all of the garden.

Grout Attack

Tiles 1

When I moved into my house the bathroom tiles in the shower were in great shape, and very cool 1950s decorative design. The grout on the other hand was rust stained pretty badly and in some areas needed repaired. This is a pretty common issue when the grout sealant wears away over time.

There were also some issues with the caulk, where it appeared over the years people had added new layers of caulk on top of layers that had mold on it. So kind of a water proofed mold and mildew line of caulk that was very resistant to cleaning.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - home projects